Pages

Wednesday 11 December 2013

Making a kitchen handbook - Part 1

For a while now I have kept a handwritten book of my favourite recipes in the kitchen. This has worked quite well, but there is more to the kitchen than just recipes. I wanted somewhere to record not just recipes but also shopping lists, cleaning schedules and more.
There are numerous blog posts online about home management binders and this is sort of the same thing, only I'm concentrating on just the kitchen for now.

The first step was to find a suitable place to keep everything. I decided to use an ordinary ring binder with plastic wallets. This keeps everything in one place and I can shuffle the contents about as needed (unlike my handwritten recipe book!).


For today, all I'm putting in there is information about the electrical equipment I use in my kitchen. I've put all of the instruction booklets in there and have also drawn up a cleaning schedule for the equipment.

The cleaning schedule is very straight forward, it is simply a table with a list of the equipment, how often it should be cleaned and how it should be cleaned.

You can download my cleaning schedule from Google Drive and edit it to suit your own purpose if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment